Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween.

Ahhh I just love fall. The leaves are changing color. The leaves are falling to the ground. Really makes you want to crunch the leaves and dive into a nice big pile of them. And Halloween is close at hand. I love Halloween. It's a fun holiday that makes you feel like a kid. And for some women, and men, gives them a reason to show off how skimpy they can dress. I've decided today to list 7 Halloween movies/shows that really get me into the holiday spirit. Most are light hearted and childish but if you can't be a child at heart, where's the fun in you?

1. "The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow" I've always loved this cartoon and still do today. I have great memories of watching this on Halloween pasts and really takes me back.
2. "Mickeys' Halloween Treats" Yeah I can do without the Pluto segment where he has a dream that cats trick into some kind of hell, really not good for a child to watch, and show him the consequences of his actions. But Mickey, Goofy, and Donald chasing ghosts is classic. And a Witch getting revenge on Donald for messing with his nephews, really Donald was a dick as an uncle, is also classic. Along with the nephews costumes.

3. "Roseannes Halloween Specials" The first 4 were excellent and a lot of fun, with the first one being the best. Season 6&7 were ok, although Fred and Dan trying to trick Roseanne into thinking they were gay lovers was very funny, but the last one was terrible. Just a bunch of random nonsense.

4. "Abott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" Ok I know, not your typical Halloween movie. But still feel like I have to watch it every Halloween.

5. "Halloween" How can you go by Halloween without watching the classic and only really good slasher film ever made? Too bad they made sequals. Just like too bad they made Pyscho sequals.

6. "A Nightmare On Elm Street" Used to scare the hell out of me as a kid. And my sister had a friend named Freddy. Never wanted to be near the guy. Also didn't help that my sisters would sing the song to me at night in the dark. Freddy was bad ass in the first 2 maybe 3, but then became a clown.

7. "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" I never understood the title. After all Linus was the one waiting for the Great Pumpkin. Snoopy vs the Red Baron was the high light of this show. And just like Donalds nephews, classic costumes. Poor Charlie Brown "I got a rock."

No comments:

Post a Comment