Monday, November 1, 2010

No Oscar Love

For some odd reason I started thinking about actors who I feel should have an oscar by now but don't. That's what's happens when I get bored. Well, I was thinking about that and also writting a really good Halloween movie to make up for all them after the original Halloween in 1978. (I feel I actually have a really good idea that can also be true to the 78 one) But anyway here are 7 actors, sometime soon I will do actesses as well.

1. Johnny Depp. If anyone knows me, then they know how much I love this guy. Great actor who has only had 2 nominations. I know I have a friend, lets just say Xuxanna, who thinks he's weird and doesn't get him. But he is a great talent who I think should have won an oscar for The Libertine. (Strange movie but he was great)


















2. Steve Buscemi. This guy can do pretty much everything and just seems to always look cool. Sad to say, I think what hurts him is that he does too many Adam Sandler movies. Every time I'm in a diner I think about the whole leaving a tip thing.
3. Brad Pitt. I have to say, for a while I didn't like the guy. But he is one damn good actor. Like Depp with only 2 nominations and I wonder why. Sadly though, I think he'll get one before Depp.

4. Kevin Bacon. We have yet to see this guy cut foot loose on the oscar stage. Wonderful actor who takes on some challenging roles. And he always seems to just be kick ass.

5. Leonardo DiCaprio. What a talent. Wonderful actor. I still see him as the little kid from Growing Pains and say to myself "who would have thought he was going to be the one to make it." It's a shame Basketball Diaries wasn't a movie that he could have been nominated for an oscar, because he would have won for sure.

6. Robert Downey Jr. Great to seem him clean and sober and kicking ass again. Always had such great talent but troubled life. Should have been nominated for Less Than Zero and should have won for Chaplin.

7. Mel Gibson. Ok yeah I know. Pretty well hated right now and those recordings are scary. But a great actor who won for directing.

Honorable Mentions: Ray Liotta, Will Smith, Bruce Willis, John Cusak, James Woods, and Tim Roth.

No comments:

Post a Comment